[Python-au] PyCon Australia 2016 is calling for volunteers!

PyCon AU contact at pycon-au.org
Fri Jul 22 02:44:21 UTC 2016

Gain a new perspective on PyCon AU 2016, working behind the scenes to make
the event happen. The team behind PyCon AU is an all volunteer team and we
need your help to make the show run as smoothly as possible, so we’re now
calling for on the ground volunteers to complete the team.

We aim to recruit volunteers to assist us with the following:

A/V staff - Run our video recording system (complete training provided).
This is a full-time position and not suitable for attendees. It comes with
a free pass to the conference.

Session Chairing - Help run a room during talks over one or more sessions
(see the wiki below). Strongly recommended for first-time speakers.

Registration Desk - Handle the registration desk. This is a full-time
position and not suitable for attendees. It comes with a free pass to the
conference. We will also need some non-full-time folks to cover busy times.

Badge Check - Verify attendee ticket validity at the entrance doors.

Volunteers will be provided with a free T-Shirt and full-time volunteers'
food and drink requirements will be looked after. This is a great
opportunity to experience a Python conference first-hand and to connect
with like-minded Python enthusiasts.

There will be a training session in the evening of Thursday 11th at the
MCEC for all non-A/V volunteers. The A/V volunteers will have training at a
time to be determined.

To sign up:
Non session chairs: just respond to this mail indicating how you'd like to
help out!

Session Chairs:
- Go to: https://2016.pycon-au.org/wiki/SessionChairing
- Sign in with your PyCon account credentials
- Add your name to your preferred slot(s).

PyCon AU 2016 will run from 12-14 August 2016 at the Melbourne Convention
and Exhibition Centre.