[Python-au] [JOB] Senior Python Developer - Melbourne area
rasjidw at openminddev.net
Mon Sep 29 07:21:43 UTC 2014
My workplace is looking for a senior software engineer to help develop
the next version of its in-house software. Possibility of working from
home for a significant portion. Full description below.
Senior Software Developer (primarily Python)*
/2 year contract/
The Optical Superstore is an innovative Australian optical retailer
providing quality eyecare to the Australian public.
We are seeking an experienced Software Developer to help create the next
version of our in-house Point-of-Sale and Practice Management software.
The software will be primarily developed in Python, using a REST style
architecture and a PostgreSQL database backend running on Linux. The
front-end components will primarily be native Windows applications
(mostly using PySide) but some parts of the interface may be best suited
as Web based or be tablet based 'apps' (either native or HTML5 based as
/The role will require the successful applicant to://
* be involved in all aspects of the software development process, from
requirements gathering and architecture planning to development,
testing and deployment
* work in an Agile setup where features are progressively migrated
from the legacy system to the new system in an incremental manner
* be able to work both independently without supervision but also
cooperatively and with clear communication
* be able to work from home and on-site in Melbourne (Notting Hill) as
required (at least one day a fortnight on-site)
/To be successful for this role you must have the following://
* Python experience in commercial applications.
* Experience with large scale applications - multiple developers,
larger code base
* Databases: Good understanding of RDBMS (preferably PostgreSQL)
* OS environments: Experience developing (pref with Python) under both
Windows and Linux is essential
* Accounting: Familiarity with Australian accounting practices,
particularly with respect to GST
* Retail or Practice Management: Familiarity with Point-of-Sale or
Practice Management systems would be advantageous
* Familiarity with the open-source ecosystem for Python, both under
Linux and Windows
* Non-Python development: Experience with various other programming
languages particularly in terms of mobile applications.
Please conact me for further details or email your CV to (assuming you
still have python 2.7 installed)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the python-au