[Python-au] JOB : Junior Python Developer : Animal Logic
jobs at al.com.au
Fri Jul 11 00:05:17 UTC 2014
Junior Python Developer: Computer Graphics (Sydney)
Animal Logic is one of the world's most accomplished digital studios producing award winning, ground breaking and trail blazing animation, visual effects and design.
We are seeking a junior Software Developer to join the R&D team developing key tools and processes that implement our production pipeline. No visual effects experience required.
The Pipeline team is part of the larger Research & Development department developing software for all parts of the company. As a member of this team, you will be creating software used by artists in craft departments such as Modelling, Rigging, Animation and Lighting, to assemble, manage and deliver complex graphics scenes. You will be working with industry-standard graphics tools such as Maya, XSI and Nuke, and extending them through their Python APIs.
As the pipeline evolves to meet the needs of the story, the tools evolve as well, so you will be in regular contact with artists and leads, identifying issues and adapting the pipeline to address them. Throughout these interactions, as someone who is passionate about automation you will always be on the lookout for opportunities to off-load manual work onto automated processes.
* A tertiary qualification in Computer Science or Engineering
* Experience developing Python software
* Experience with SCM systems, and continuous build and test environments
* A passion for delivering software solutions to end users
* A desire to continuously learn and develop new skills
* Strong software design and engineering skills; familiarity with design patterns and their appropriate use
* Strong time management skills and ability to work to a deadline
* An ability to quickly acquire a working understanding of both off-the-shelf and proprietary software tools
* A good "bedside manner" when dealing with artists and other developers who are under pressure
* An ability to work in a collaborative environment, take direction and possess good communication skills
* Some knowledge of 3D applications such as Maya, XSI, Nuke and RenderMan and their various APIs would be a bonus
If you are interested in applying for this position then please fill out our on-line application form via our website www.animallogic.com<http://www.animallogic.com/>
Please only apply if you are eligible to work permanently in Australia.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the python-au