[Python-au] Fwd: Universities teaching Python

Garry Trethewey garrytre at bigpond.com
Thu Feb 28 21:40:25 UTC 2013

Hi

I've just done
https://class.coursera.org/programming1-2012-001/class
The course has finished, so no discussion forum etc, but all the video
lectures, exercises & assignments are there to use if you want.

Probably run again this year.

I thought a lot of it was pretty basic, even for me, but odd things were
new and useful.

Dunno how "official" and valuable any final certificates are, I suspect not.

I've enrolled for https://www.coursera.org/course/interactivepython when
it gets started.

My programming background was a couple of months of spoonfeeding pascal
& basic about 25 years ago at TAFE, then nothing, so when I needed to
learn a language about 3 years ago, I thought I had a small head start,
but I found www.alan-g.me.uk was the only thing really basic enough that
I could use. Everything else sort of assumed I already knew something.

 From www.alan-g.me.uk there are links to other stuff, and more options
than there were 3 years ago.

HTH