[Python-au] Announcement: Canberra Python user group

Ed Schofield ed at pythoncharmers.com
Tue Jan 31 11:47:19 UTC 2012

Hi all,

We are forming a new Python user group in Canberra!

This is an invitation for any Python fans who are Canberra-based (or
currently passing through) to join us tomorrow night for the first meeting.
The details are:

    Venue: Room N101, Ian Ross Building, ANU College of Engineering
and Computer Science

    Date: Wednesday 1 February 2012

    Time: 6:30pm

We will be meeting each other and discussing the format for future
meetings. We also have a couple of talks scheduled on various third-party
Python packages used in science and engineering, by Daehyok Shin and
myself. If you'd like to volunteer a short talk (5-15 minutes) or longer
talk (20+ minutes) about any aspect of Python, please let me know!

Afterwards we will head to the nearby Wig and Pen pub.

Thanks to Elena Williams for organising the venue and ANU for offering to
host this and future events.

Do come along and meet us! You can add your name here:

    http://www.meetup.com/Canberra-Python-Meetup-Group/

to hear about future events and see all the details of tomorrow's meeting,
including a map of the venue.

We would also appreciate your help with getting the word out, by forwarding
this on to people you know who may be interested.

I hope to see you there!

    Ed

--
Dr. Edward Schofield