[Python-au] contractor work in Canberra

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Wed Mar 30 22:51:31 UTC 2011

I've been asked to forward this on...

Mark

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: zzz <squiggly101 at gmail.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 9:46 PM
Subject: contractor work in Canberra
To: python-au at starship.python.net

G'day

I am the team lead of a small software team working for a Government
agency in Canberra. In the coming weeks and months, we will be looking
to recruit up to 2 Python contractors to work on a variety of systems.
There will be a strong scientific background and context to the work.

Particular skills/experience we are interested in:

     * PyQt4 GUI development (ideally, although PyGtk/PyTK and other GUI
exp will be valued)
     * Numpy, Scipy scientific libraries
     * Matplotlib and other graphics/charting toolkits
     * C programming - and interfacing C libraries to Python
     * UNIX, Solaris
     * Event-based/asynchronous programming
     * General exposure to database/SQL programming (no specific RDBMS)
     * Working in an Agile team environment!
     * Version control (>= Svn, Git)
     * Pylons web development (nice to have)
     * Perl programming (nice to have)
     * Maths/Science background, we have work that would interest Phd
level and beyond (nice to have)

Competitive contractor rates available. The positions have not yet been
advertised, however I would like to start identifying potential
candidates through community channels first (this is where all the good
people are, right?). The position is Canberra based, and working
remotely will not be an option I'm afraid.

Interested? Drop me an email squiggly101 at gmail.com

Cheers