[Python-au] SyPy Apr 7th: "A Python in the Pipeline" Eoin Murphy and Aloys Baillet (AnimalLogic)

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Tue Mar 29 07:29:07 UTC 2011

SyPy: Sydney Python Users group meetup

Main Talk summary:
A look at how Python is used throughout Animal Logic's image making
process. From crazily complex automation to beautiful user interfaces,
Python is omnipresent at Animal Logic. We will give a bird's eye view
of what we call our " Production pipeline", and discuss the
infrastructure we put in place to support it. We will talk about our
use of many third-party libraries, the developer tools we use  and
what led us to write more than 300 000 lines of python code to help
create the beautiful images you see in films such as Legend of the
Guardians: The Owls of Ga'hoole, Happy Feet and many others.

About the speaker(s):
Eoin Murphy and Aloys Baillet are both Lead Software Developers in the
25 strong R&D department.

RSVP via http://sypy2011apr.eventbrite.com/

6:15: Arrive
6:30: Lightning talks (email me, or just bring a 5min talk along)
6:45: "A Python in the Pipeline"
7:40 Social networking and beers and dinner at the Pyrmont Bridge Hotel.

*RSVP: Please RSVP so we have an idea of numbers*
http://sypy2011apr.eventbrite.com/

Getting There: See the event page for details
Free free to join us at the pub after/instead.
If have any problems call Dylan Jay on 0421477460

---
Dylan Jay
Technical Solutions Manager
PretaWeb: reducing duplication in the government web.
P: +612 80819071 | M: +61421477460 | twitter.com/djay75 | linkedin.com/
in/djay75