[Python-au] taking on big fish with python

Nick Coghlan ncoghlan at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 02:44:55 UTC 2010

On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 12:05 PM, Richard Jones
<richardjones at optushome.com.au> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 28, 2010 at 11:02 AM, Azerith <azerith at gmail.com> wrote:
>> I'd like to get some feed back from the community here as i suspect i may
>> have the potential to help the company develop there customer information
>> system.
>> Ive had a quick google and there didn't seem to be too much on this for
>> python.
>
> It's not entirely clear what you've developed or wish to develop, but
> I know there's CRM and other business-related tools on PyPI. For
> example, using the phrase "customer information system" that you
> mention above: http://pypi.python.org/pypi?:action=search&term=customer+information+system&submit=search

CRM is probably the better search term:
http://pypi.python.org/pypi?%3Aaction=search&term=crm&submit=search

Personally, if someone said to me "Replace our customer information
system", I'd be reaching for SugarCRM and the pysugar Python bindings.
In particular, if you were to leave, they would have the option of
going to SugarCRM for commercial support, or at least have a
reasonable chance of finding someone else that was already familiar
with it.

Cheers,
Nick.