[Python-au] taking on big fish with python

Azerith azerith at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 00:02:00 UTC 2010

Ive developed a simple tool in python for my job which everyone is quite
fond of.
Its messy and yuck so i will be re writing it and aiming for a web version
probably using django.
Because of this tool they are interesting in using me to develop an in house
solution for there customer information system.
I'd like to get some feed back from the community here as i suspect i may
have the potential to help the company develop there customer information
system.
Ive had a quick google and there didn't seem to be too much on this for
python. I'm not totally sure whats involved so any information would be
useful if anyone has worked on anything similar. I don't want to reinvent
the wheel but i do want to be able to offer something that is going to do
what they want, but is something i understand.
I haven't had a lot of experience with big applications or enterprise
development, all i did was make a calculator and now i have this sweet
opportunity to do something useful for the company.

Regards,

Kaleb.