[Python-au] SyPy Oct 7th: "Trending/monitoring world tour" - Alan Milligan & Mark Rees & open

Dylan Jay djay at pretaweb.com
Sat Oct 2 01:04:23 UTC 2010

NOTE: Change of venue. Details and RSVP http://anyvite.com/0fbgnt6lnq

Slightly different format this time. We'll be looking at what happens
once your deployment goes live and what tools can help.

6:15: Arrive - Anchor Systems, Level 4, 81 York Street

6:30: Zenoss - Alan Milligan

7:00: Eddie - Mark Rees

7:30 Open lightning talks for other solutions, cacti, munin, nagios
etc. Register below.

8:00 Social networking and beers and dinner at PJ Obriens

Zenoss:

This presentation will provide a whirlwind demonstration of Zenoss's
features and then concentrate upon how to write your own ZenPack/
Python module extension

Alan Milligan is the principal technical architect of Last Bastion
Network Solutions in Australia. His background is in applications
development and infrastructure in retail and investment banking. Alan
is uniquely placed to present Zenoss because the open source
architecture upon which it's based, Zope, has been the core of Last
Bastion offerings for a decade.

The EDDIE Tool:

(http://code.google.com/p/eddie-tool/) is a systemmonitoring, security
and performance analysis agent written 100% inPython. Its key features
are portability, powerful configuration andease of expansion.
Monitoring rules are just like Python expressions.

Mark Rees is CTO at Century Software

Other Tools

Please considering doing a lightning talk on your favorite monitoring
tool. Suggestions are on the RSVP form.

Further Details:

We will also have slots for 5 minute lightning talks. If you think its
interesting and you're a pythonista then chances are we will to. Put
together a few slides and bring it along.

*RSVP: Please RSVP on Anyvite to get your name on the door*

http://anyvite.com/0fbgnt6lnq

Getting There: See the anyvite page for details

Free free to join us at the pub after/instead.

If have any problems call Dylan Jay on 0421477460

---
Dylan Jay
Plone Solutions Manager. www.pretaweb.com
P +612 80819071   M +61421477460