[Python-au] Brisbane Python User Group Meeting Announcement, 6th of October

James Mills prologic at shortcircuit.net.au
Fri Oct 1 07:32:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 29, 2010 at 12:47 PM, Stephen Thorne > I would like to
announce the next Brisbane Python User Group meeting
> on the 6th of October.

Hi,

I'll definiately be coming :) ... And of of interest... Is anyone interested
in me giving a talk about circuits (1) ? I've been encouraged numerous
times over the years to give a talk on this project of mine and have
been personally "threatening" to do so myself (but haven't yet)...
The upcoming Brisbane PUG meeting seems like a good opportunity
to finally do this :)

In brief; circuits is an asynchronous event-driven application
framework that I've been developing and maintaining for the past
6+ years. One of the more unique things about the circuits framework
is the notion of "events" (as opposed to function calls and function chaining)
and the concept of "Component" architecture.

If there is a general interest, I'm very happy to prepare a talk over
the weekend and present it at the next meeting (6th Oct 2010).

Happy coding,

cheers
James

1. http://bitbucket.org/prologic/circuits/