[Python-au] PyCon Australia Call For Proposals

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Thu Apr 8 00:48:32 UTC 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 10:15 AM, Tim Stebbing <tjstebbing at gmail.com> wrote:
> Er.. wow pycon, in Australia, thats awesome! but unless I missed a fairly
> major memo this is first notice for a brand new con in about 10 weeks time,
> and a CFP with 3 weeks notice? I'm excited we're having a pycon but it
> sounds all very rushed and short-notice.

Planning started in January. We've been holding off making a formal
announcement until we had some sponsors and a venue locked in; that
there was some certainty of the event taking place, which there now is.

We announced our intention to run the conference back in January - but
perhaps not as widely as we should have.

    Richard