[Python-au] HIRING: WEB DEVELOPERS - PYTHON / DJANGO, SQL, AJAX, HTML, CSS, W3 STANDARDS.

Tai Lee real.human at mrmachine.net
Fri Feb 5 00:47:52 UTC 2010

http://3030.com.au/jobs/web-developers/

We're looking for talented Web Developers at all levels of experience
to join our small team in Neutral Bay. Graduates and motivated
self-starters are encouraged to apply.

We:
- Are a creative web, promotions and marketing agency;
- Work with some great clients on interesting and varied projects;
- Strive for a healthy and sustainable balance between work and play;
- Have a great office in Neutral Bay with views of the harbour;
- Enjoy a beer and a game of pool or foosball over lunch;

You:
- Have experience with or a keen interest in at least three of the
   following (*highly regarded):
   + Django*, Python*, Ruby on Rails, PHP;
   + PostgreSQL*, MySQL, SQL Server;
   + JQuery*, YUI, MochiKit, JavaScript;
   + WAI*, HTML, CSS, W3 standards;
   + SVN*, OS X, Linux;
- Have an enthusiastic can-do attitude and a willingness to learn;
- Work well as part of a team and under your own initiative;
- Have strong analytical and problem solving skills;
- Prefer to work on non-corporate sites in a creative studio with music
   blasting and no shortage of challengers for the ping pong title;

Your responsibilities:
- Slice up and optimise layered Photoshop files for the web;
- Hand code standards compliant and accessible HTML and CSS;
- Use AJAX to create dynamic and interactive page elements;
- Develop web sites using Django and SQL databases;
- Manage and deploy source code with Subversion;
- Apply industry standards and best-practices to your code and
interfaces;
- Configure and maintain Linux and OS X server software;
- Write technical briefs, specifications and documentation;
- Prepare pitch documents and project timelines;
- Liaise with clients during technical briefs and work in progress
meetings;
- Support non-technical staff with general IT issues;

We don't expect one person to do all of the above, and will match your
responsibilities to your strengths.

We'd like you to:
- Be active in the developer community;
- Keep up to date with current technologies, standards, and best-
practices;
- Love what you do for a living;
- Be comfortable working on a Mac, but it's OK if you prefer PC;

If you're interested, or know anybody who might be interested, email us
at jobs at 3030.com.au and say hello ;)