[Python-au] non-web2.0 companies and python?

Aaron Wallis d2kagw at gmail.com
Sat Oct 3 23:09:04 UTC 2009

To Kevin's point, i've found that it's not really about finding people
with existing Python experience, but more-so having passion for the
product/project and experience in several other languages.

We've had quite a bit of luck bringing Java, Ruby and C folks over to
Python - as developers they're excited by the complexity of our
projects and interested in trying different languages.
Although, you often need to sit through endless debates on how
language X was so much better at this than Python, etc, etc ;P

Aaron.