[Python-au] VortexDNA Sign On As a Silver Sponsor and Follow Us On Twitter/Identi.ca!

Chris Neugebauer chrisjrn at gmail.com
Wed Aug 26 20:19:18 UTC 2009

On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 22:10, Mary Gardiner<mary at puzzling.org> wrote:
> Does python-au really need to know about every sponsorship arrangement
> Kiwi PyCon arrives at?
>
> >From my point of view, it's unsolicited commercial email. I'm pleased
> for Kiwi PyCon but... I'm subscribed to python-au for Australiasian
> Python community and technical discussion, not as a captive audience for
> sponsorship arrangements.

I'll second that I'm not terribly interested in seeing every
sponsorship announcement, but perhaps the Kiwi Pycon people could take
a leaf out of (say) LCA's book, and announce sponsors in waves (i.e.
announce them only when there are a lot of them to announce, say 5 or
10 )?

Just my $0.02,

--Chris

--