[Python-au] VortexDNA Sign On As a Silver Sponsor and Follow Us On Twitter/Identi.ca!

Tim Knapp duffyd at kokorice.org
Wed Aug 26 20:16:26 UTC 2009

[Ugh, hitting reply didn't reply to the mailing list]

Hi Mary,

On Wed, 2009-08-26 at 22:10 +1000, Mary Gardiner wrote:
> Does python-au really need to know about every sponsorship arrangement
> Kiwi PyCon arrives at?
>
> >From my point of view, it's unsolicited commercial email. I'm pleased
> for Kiwi PyCon but... I'm subscribed to python-au for Australiasian
> Python community and technical discussion, not as a captive audience for
> sponsorship arrangements.

I'm sorry you feel that way but these events are completely funded by
the Python Community hence my trying to reach out to that community for
assistance and as Andrew bore out in his subsequent email I try to put
as much detail in the subject as possible so people can skip it if they
wish. The program will be videoed too so you will eventually benefit
even if you can't make it :)

Kind regards,
Tim