[Python-au] py2exe mscvr90.dll problem

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Mon Jul 13 07:12:27 UTC 2009

I seem to have dug myself into a hole and hope some py2exe person might
be able to help.

Python 2.6.2
Windows XP (various levels of patching)

My script does some pretty basic filesystem housekeeping and works
exactly as expected. I zip it up with some other executables and use
WinZip to create a self-extracting zip-file which launches my (py2exe'd)
script when it finishes unzipping into the Windows temp folder.

On my desktop machine it works flawlessly but on a machine without
Python 2.6 installed it craps out before launching with a complaint
about msvcr90.dll.

I checked ...
http://www.devpicayune.com/entry/building-python-26-executables-for-windows
... among a few other sites and got myself in deeper with different
Windows errors.

Any hints appreciated

TIA

Mike