[Python-au] [melbourne-pug] OSDC 2009 Call for Papers Reminder

Tennessee Leeuwenburg tleeuwenburg at gmail.com
Wed Jun 17 06:11:05 UTC 2009

I'd like to encourage people about the value of OSDC and also of presenting
a talk. Last year at Sydney, the conference was really very vibrant and fun
to be at. There were heaps of great talks, covering the range from practical
to theoretical to world-dominating :) Anyone, at any level, would have
plenty to learn and get excited by.

Presenting can also be a very valuable experience. Presenting is not only
valuable experience in a skill (presentation generally), but a great
opportunity to connect with other people who are interested in the same
subject areas. It's very rewarding, and a great way to give back to the
community also.

Cheers,
-Tennessee

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:45 PM, Richard Jones <
richardjones at optushome.com.au> wrote:

> [Let's see if we can't get a nice, solid Python track at this year's
> conference. Topics to consider covering:
>
> - what's new in Python (2 or 3)
> - talk about Jython or IronPython
> - Django is always popular
> - I'd personally appreciate someone explaining how to use Pinax :)
> - any of the other web frameworks could be covered too!
> - pick a favourite library you use and talk about it
>
> OSDC's a great mixing-pot of Open Source developers, technologies and
> ideas.]
>
> This is a reminder that the call for papers for OSDC 2009 is coming up
> soon.
> All that is required before the first deadline of 30th June is a 200 word
> summary of your talk emailed to papers at osdc.com.au - full details are
> available
> on the website.
>
> I would like to invite you to submit a paper and do a talk at our
> conference.
>
> This conference is a grassroots style conference designed by developers
> for developers.  We're planning to cover Perl, Python, Ruby PHP and Open
> Source operating systems.  If you'd like us to cover something else as
> well that is Open Source themed, please feel free.
>
> The Call for Papers can be found at:
>    http://2009.osdc.com.au/call-for-papers
>
> The important dates are:
>   Call for Papers Closes      30 June, 2009
>   Proposal acceptance         20 July, 2009
>   Accepted paper submissions  14 September, 2009
>   OSDC 2009 Main Conference!  25th to 27th November, 2009
>
> OSDC 2009 will be held at the Bardon Conference Center in Brisbane this
> year. This is a fantastic venue a short drive from the Brisbane CBD,
> totally surrounded by lush greenery.

Tennessee Leeuwenburg
http://myownhat.blogspot.com/
"Don't believe everything you think"