[Python-au] portable python for linux

Tom Sparks tom_a_sparks at yahoo.com.au
Tue May 5 08:15:30 UTC 2009

I know python preinstalled in linux
but I want to run self-contained version on a usb hard drive
like XAMPP/LAMPP is for Apache/PHP/MySQL/Perl

--- On Tue, 5/5/09, Chris Neugebauer <chrisjrn at gmail.com> wrote:
Why do you need a portable Python on Linux? Python has been a standard
app on Linux for at least the past 5 years, so you can expect that
it'll be installed no matter what computer you need it on (if it's
running Linux).

--Chris