[Python-au] Python Tutoring

Danny Adair danny.adair at unfold.co.nz
Mon Apr 13 07:46:07 UTC 2009

Hello Danny,

Sorry I'm another one who's not able to offer you tutoring.

Although personal tutoring definitely has its merits, I have to say
that "slow and frustrating" is not be part of the typical description
of Python's learning curve. I would say I "learned" the language in a
day, which means reading and writing with a reference on the side. I
know many others have similar experiences.

There will (hopefully) always be questions.

Apart from searching the internet for documentation, there are a lot
of helpful Python developers out there.
Check out forums and IRC channels. Go to a local user group. Your
questions may be answered instantaneously. Be patient, you will
quickly get the hang of it if you persist.

Here in NZ I would recommend #nzpug on freenode (and you're welcome to
drop by anyway) but in your case I see there's
http://groups.google.com/group/sydneypython with currently 174
members, and I'm sure some of them hang out on IRC, which is probably
a more suitable medium than a mailing list when it comes to firing off
some quick questions. :-)

HTH, Cheers,
Danny

P.S.: Don't forget Dive into Python is also available to read online
http://diveintopython.org/
Good book, esp. when you come from other languages.
Not to forget
http://docs.python.org/tutorial/

On Mon, Apr 13, 2009 at 12:58, Daniel James <dannyj at iinet.net.au> wrote:
> Hi All,
>

> I’m currently studying python through TAFE (OTEN – home study) and wanted to
> discuss private tutoring.
>

> I am very new to the language as well as programming in general.  I have
> been having difficulties getting a good grip on the python (and programming)
> concepts because every time I present myself with a question, I spend the
> rest of the night googling trying to find the answer.
>

> This is a very slow and frustrating process and consequently I am looking
> for anyone who might offer private tutoring in python.  I’m after enough
> lessons to get me through Tafe as well as a bit beyond as programming is
> related to my job.
>

> I would appreciate if you could let me know of anyone who might be
> interested in earning some extra cash.  I can travel to the lesson
> (depending on the distance) or they can come to my place at West Ryde
> (Sydney).
>

> Thanks for your help.
>

> Regards
>

> Danny
>
> dannyj at iinet.net.au

Kind regards,

Danny W. Adair
Director
Unfold Limited
New Zealand

Talk:       +64 - 9 - 9555 101
Write:      danny.adair at unfold.co.nz
Browse:     www.unfold.co.nz
Visit/Post: 41 Hihitahi Rise, Te Haumi, Paihia 0200, New Zealand

"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, therefore, is not an act,
but a habit." - Aristotle

Caution
The contents of this email and any attachments contain information
which is CONFIDENTIAL to the recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient, you must not read, use, distribute, copy or retain this
email or its attachments. If you have received this email in error,
please notify us immediately by return email or collect telephone call
and delete this email.  Thank you.  We do not accept any
responsibility for any changes made to this email or any attachment
after transmission from us.