[Python-au] Recommendations for a web app framework?

Tai Lee real.human at mrmachine.net
Wed Jan 2 12:08:32 UTC 2008

Hi Brianna,

I have used Django almost exclusively at work for ~1.5 years now
developing quick / small / single-purpose (1 week turnaround) sites
and large projects consisting of multiple integrated sites. I've found
that it has an *excellent* community behind it with #django on
irc.freenode.net, the django-users and django-developers mailing
lists, the online documentation and the new book.

I have no experience specifically transcoding OGG to MP3, but I'm sure
that Python has a module to suit your every need, and that you will
find the help you need to put it all together in the Python or Django
community.

A word of warning, though. Python and Django are addictive. You might
just find that you want to use them for everything ;)

Cheers.
Tai.