[Python-au] Senior Python Web Application Developer (Full Time, Melb)

Tim Stebbing tjstebbing at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 03:03:02 UTC 2007

G'day all,

We're looking for a senior python developer, preferably with z3
knowhow, we are based in Richmond, Vic, about 10 minutes from the CBD.

We are a medium sized dev team working on an established zope3 web
service with a large existing user base which we are delivering into
multiple countries. We are currently moving from the ZODB to the Storm
ORM https://storm.canonical.com/, within the zope3 framework.

If this sounds interesting please drop me a line or email in a
resume/some info about yourself, I'd rather find someone here with
great python skills than wade through random unrelated resumes from
job agencies.

This is the text we've posted on a few job sites:

Senior Python Web Application Developer (Full Time)

Fitness2live is a market-leading online health and wellbeing company
based in Melbourne. The company provides online interactive health
promotion services to corporate, government and retail clients in
domestic and overseas markets.

The company is seeking a Senior Python Developer to join their expanding
development team. This excellent opportunity is based in the company's
Richmond office. To be successful you must possess the following:

Technical requirements:
- Strong OO design principals
- 5+ years commercial experience
- Demonstrable ability to code in Python
- Experience with Open Source Relational Databases
- Knowledge of web technologies such as HTML, XML, Javascript, XML-RPC
- Strong unit testing skills

Professional requirements:
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Good expectation setting
- Prioritisation and time management skills
- Ownership of projects and relevant outcomes

Desirable experience:
- Knowledge of Zope3 application server
- Performance/Scalability knowledge
- Familiarity with SVN
- Familiarity with Linux

You can drop me (Tim Stebbing) a line on 03 9421 4522 or shoot an
email to tstebbing at fitness2live.com.au

--
Timothy J Stebbing