[Python-au] HIRING: WEB DEVELOPERS - PYTHON / DJANGO, SQL, AJAX, HTML, CSS, W3 STANDARDS.

Tai Lee real.human at mrmachine.net
Thu Oct 18 03:53:16 UTC 2007

http://3030.com.au/jobs/web-developers/

We're looking for talented Web Developers at all levels of experience
to join
our small team in Neutral Bay. We'd like to start with a 2-3 month
contract,
leading to a permanent position. Graduates and motivated self-
starters are
encouraged to apply.

We:
   - Are a creative web, promotions and marketing agency;
   - Work with some great clients on interesting and varied projects;
   - Strive for a healthy and sustainable balance between work and play;
   - Have a great office in Neutral Bay with views of the harbour;
   - Enjoy a beer and a game of pool or foosball over lunch;

You:
   - Have experience with at least three of the following (*highly
regarded):
     - Django*, Python*, ASP.NET, PHP;
     - PostgreSQL*, SQL Server;
     - YUI*, MochiKit, JavaScript;
     - WAI*, HTML, CSS, W3 standards;
     - SVN*, OS X, UNIX;
   - Have an enthusiastic can-do attitude and a willingness to learn;
   - Work well as part of a team and under your own initiative;
   - Have strong analytical and problem solving skills;

Your responsibilities:
   - Slice up and optimise layered Photoshop files for the web;
   - Hand code standards compliant and accessible HTML and CSS;
   - Use AJAX to create dynamic and interactive page elements;
   - Develop web sites using Django, Flash, and SQL databases;
   - Manage and deploy source code with Subversion;
   - Apply industry standards and best-practices to your code and
interfaces;
   - Configure and maintain UNIX, OS X and Windows server software;
   - Write technical briefs, specifications and documentation;
   - Prepare pitch documents and project timelines;
   - Liaise with clients during technical briefs and work in progress
meetings;
   - Support non-technical staff with general IT issues;

We'd like you to:
   - Be active in the developer community;
   - Keep up to date with current technologies, standards, and best-
practices;
   - Love what you do for a living;
   - Be comfortable working on a Mac, but it's ok if you prefer PC;

If you're interested, or know anybody who might be interested, email us
at jobs at 3030.com.au and say hello ;)