[Python-au] Melbourne job: Java and Python developer

Andrew Stuart andrew.stuart at flatraterecruitment.com.au
Tue Oct 9 03:59:11 UTC 2007

Java and Python developer

     * South Melbourne location
     * Small, innovative team
     * Product development

     Do you love working in a startup environment? In a small team,
no politics, and with the ability to rapidly make (good) decisions
about how the software should be built?

     It's the small, innovative, entrepreneurial teams that get the
most exciting stuff done. This is your chance to join this company of
30 people that has a three-person software development team putting
together a sophisticated Internet application.

     This Java application has been designed to be easily configured
using Python (well, using Jython actually - you *do* know the
difference don't you?). Jython is used to implement business logic,
reports and charts. So your role will be 50% Java coding and 50%
Python/Jython coding.

     As this is an Internet application, knowledge of Hibernate,
Struts and the general concepts of web development will be highly
valued. You will be highly regarded if you take a strong interest in
general computing topics and software development.

     We're looking for someone who is able to easily understand and
comprehend complex topics and who is able to easily engage in complex
technical back and forth discussions. Amazingly only 1 in 100
software developers seem to have the ability to hold a complex
technology discussion! So if you are the exception to this rule then
we invite you to apply.

     We're open to any experience level - as long as you meet the
requirements then we're happy to consider people at the senior level,
mid level or junior level.

     Apply now!
     If this ad describes you, please send your resume.

     This is a permanent, salaried role.

     To apply send your resume to info at flatraterecruitment.com.au

     Telephone enquiries are welcome to Flat Rate Recruitment (03)
9696 1616
     www.flatraterecruitment.com.au