[Python-au] Obsidian hiring

Kevin Littlejohn darius at obsidian.com.au
Fri Jun 29 02:03:29 UTC 2007

Obsidian Consulting Group, based in Coburg, Melbourne, will shortly
be hiring two more developers.  We're looking for a range of skills
from application development/coding through to html/css skills, or
any subset thereof.  We work pretty much completely in Python, so
python knowledge is preferred, but we're also willing to take Java or
C++ people and train them up.  At the web end of things, we use Zope
and Plone for a lot of our web development work, but are also
currently investigating other framework techs such as pylons.

We have a variety of projects underway, from our "Jet" billing system
product through to web-based application development.  We're a fairly
relaxed office environment of about 10 people in Coburg (right next
to train/tram lines).  These positions offer a good opportunity to
extend your skills by working alongside some great techies in an
environment that allows for involvement in all aspects of product and
project development, depending on your interests.

Wages will be commensurate with experience and skills.  The right
applicants for these jobs will be above all quick learners and keen
to work in a team environment.  Experience with Python, Java, MySQL,
XHTML/CSS (accessibility or other standards awareness) all looked on
favourably, as is any previous experience or understanding of
customer contact, project management and similar (these are not
necessary for the position, in case customer contact might scare
people off, but are useful traits to have ;)

If you're interested in working with a top-notch group of developers
on a range of projects here in Melbourne, please send references to
"jobs at obsidian.com.au" in OpenDocument, PDF, or text format.  We may
consider teleworkers depending on responses, so if you're interested
in working this remotely, please let us know also.

Feel free to redistribute this email to other lists/people that might
be interested, also.

Thanks,
KevinL
---