[Python-au] Weird py2exe + pyPgSQL crash bug

Kingsley kingsley at maddogsbreakfast.com.au
Fri Jun 15 04:21:29 UTC 2007

Hey-ho,

I've got a weird problem with my windows software that's generated
with py2exe.  After many versions generated nicely, and the only
thing (AFAIR) that's changed is python code, suddenly when the
py2exe compiled code calls:

   from pyPgSQL import PgSQL

It's segfaulting the windows exe.

If I run the code standalone on the windows
machine it performs perfectly, only when packaged up
with py2exe does it crash.

Seems to work ok with the MySQL libraries, and it *used*
to work with PostgreSQL.  Maybe there's some change I don't
remember, but should that cause a crash anyway?!

I've checked that py2exe is indeed including both the
postgresql dlls and the pyPgSQL
C:\python24\lib\site-packages\pyPgSQL\libpq\libpq.pyd
file.

Any hints on debugging this much appreciated

thanks,
-kt