[Python-au] Is Ajax the way forward?

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Sun Aug 13 01:39:52 CEST 2006

On Sunday 13 August 2006 09:31, Mike Dewhirst wrote:
> I'm torn between yagni and painting myself into a corner by failing to
> bite the (probably) necessary Ajax bullet out of fear (of hard work) and
> ignorance (of how much work there is).

AJAX with Python (using simplejson) and MochiKit is trivial.

Complex Javascript interfaces using DOM/CSS manipulations are *easier* with
MochiKit, but they can still be a bastard to debug. I highly recommend using
Firefox with the Web Developer plugin and the MochiKit's logging facility.

You still won't see runtime errors inside complex Javascript programs but you
will be able to reasonably get feedback from your running program.

    Richard