[Python-au] Is Ajax the way forward?

Steven Adams steven at quickdry.net
Sat Aug 12 16:26:26 CEST 2006

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Dewhirst" <miked at dewhirst.com.au>

> The research I have done and questions I have asked all seem to be
> pointing me towards Javascript which responds to the [More] button by
> writing the new line of form objects each time it is clicked.
>
> I'm not sure if this process fits under the Ajax banner or not. I've just
> started looking at Mochikit in response to one suggestion.

the javascript approach you outlined is how I would do it, I wouldn't say it
really comes under the AJAX banner though, since there is no call made back
to the server in the background (though an AJAX toolkit/set might have
components that will do what you're after)

Inserting via the DOM either creating and inserting nodes or setting the
innerHTML (innerText?) directly. Will there be any postbacks besides the
submit?

Steven