[Python-au] Is Ajax the way forward?

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Sat Aug 12 16:14:46 CEST 2006

I need to provide multi-record data input in a browser.

The user enters data and comes to a line of fields in the browser and
fills them in. I (think I) want a [More] button which will conjure up
another row/line of fields to be filled in. As often as the user clicks
[More] so we collect another row of data to be eventually sent back to
the server when the user finally clicks [Submit].

The research I have done and questions I have asked all seem to be
pointing me towards Javascript which responds to the [More] button by
writing the new line of form objects each time it is clicked.

I'm not sure if this process fits under the Ajax banner or not. I've
just started looking at Mochikit in response to one suggestion.

Is there an accepted best practice or obvious way to do this? I'm not
sure where to start.

Thanks for any ideas.

Mike