Python on the Mac (was Re: [Python-au] Re: Sydney Python Meeting Thursday 27 July)

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Fri Jul 28 01:13:56 CEST 2006

On Thursday 27 July 2006 09:10, Garth T Kidd wrote:
> Oh, man. Universal builds. I'm going to even more fun than usual
> trying to build the next Juice, aren't I?

Careful with Universal builds. I installed a Universal Python2.4 on my PPC
laptop and subsequently couldn't compile any extension modules with distutils
as it got confused and thought it was on an x86 platform or something :)

Note that I have successfully installed universal builds of extensions. It's
just the interpreter universal build that didn't work.

    Richard