[Python-au] Sydney Python Meeting Thursday 27 July

Grant McDonald gmcdonald at infocomp.com
Tue Jul 18 05:56:27 CEST 2006

> > Talks:
> >
> > Graham Dumpeton on what is coming in the next major version of
> > mod_python (3.3). This version of mod_python should represent a
> > significant improvement over previous versions in certain areas with
> > ramifications on stability. New features have also been added which
> > make mod_python a bit more flexible than it is now and more useable
> > in the way that Apache modules should be able to be used. Result
> > is that mod_python can truly be used for more than just a jumping off
> > point for stuff like WSGI and all those Python web frameworks that
> > keep popping up every day.
> >
> > Mark Rees on his experiences in using IronPython with .NET and Mono.
>
> So... is someone going to make a podcast of it ?!  (pretty please!)

Especially the IronPython part of it ;)

- Grant M.

--

Please consider our environment before printing this email.

WARNING - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in
error, please delete and inform us by return email. Because emails and
attachments may be interfered with, may contain computer viruses or other
defects and may not be successfully replicated on other systems, you must be
cautious. Westpac cannot guarantee that what you receive is what we sent. If
you have any doubts about the authenticity of an email by Westpac, please
contact us immediately.

It is also important to check for viruses and defects before opening or
using attachments. Westpac's liability is limited to resupplying any
affected attachments.

This email and its attachments are not intended to constitute any form of
financial advice or recommendation of, or an offer to buy or offer to sell,
any security or other financial product. We recommend that you seek your own
independent legal or financial advice before proceeding with any investment
decision.

Westpac Institutional Bank is a division of Westpac Banking Corporation, a
company registered in New South Wales in Australia under the Corporations
Act 2001 (Cth). Westpac is authorised and regulated in the United Kingdom by
the Financial Services Authority and is registered at Cardiff in the United
Kingdom as Branch No. BR 106. Westpac operates in the United States of
America as a federally chartered branch, regulated by the Office of the
Comptroller of the Currency.

Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141.

python-au maillist  -  python-au at starship.python.net