[Python-au] Geeks listen: There's exciting job opportunities at Exoweb in Beijing, China

Dominic dominic at exoweb.net
Wed Nov 30 20:20:15 CET 2005

“Ni hao” everyone,

Do you fancy getting in the fast lane and putting your talents to use in
modern Beijing, rapidly becoming a high-tech hub? Are you lured by
China's exotics, its breathtaking cultural heritage, its exquisite (and
sometimes “surprising” ;) cuisines and the possibility of
learning/improving a language which has already twisted innumerable
tongues? In case you are: simply read through this e-mail, apply and
convince us of your talents. We will gladly handle all the paperwork to
get you aboard quickly and legally!

*So, who are “we”*?

Exoweb is a fast-growing technology company. Our clients are
multinational companies and our projects vary greatly: we have done
everything from building super-scalable web services for mobile phones,
through data warehouse systems handling terabytes, through embedded
Linux, through CMS-driven websites for publishing companies, through
e-commerce systems with more than US$ 1 billion in turnover.

We are passionate software development professionals, open source
believers and agile methodology practitioners employing the latest
technologies and aggressively experimenting with new ones (Agile
Methodologies, ClearSilver, CSS, C++, Django, Flash, Java, JavaScript,
Laszlo, Linux, Perl, Python, REST, SQL, Twisted, XML, XP, Zope.)

We are committed to the personal development of our employees and
believe that jobs are to be allocated according to a persons' ability
and interests, rather than age or academic titles. Furthermore a
bilingual environment (English and Chinese), an attractive compensation
package, flexible working hours, awesome loft-like office space, comfy
relaxation area and free soft drinks/tea/gourmet coffee all ensure that
our employees have a unique, merit-based working environment difficult
to find elsewhere.

*Who are we looking for:*

- 7 Mid-Level Software Developers
- 3 Senior Software Developers

*Responsibilities:*

Software development using advanced technologies and practices
(distributed processing, scripting object-oriented languages, eXtreme
Programming).

*Job Requirements:*

- Creative and Analytical - You must be a great problem solver, with the
ability to dive deeply into complex problems and emerge with clear and
pragmatic solutions.
- Ability to Create Excellent Code - You must write correct, clean and
efficient code that you are proud of. You must be able to learn any
programming language. We assume that you can use at least one of Java,
C, C++, C#, Python, Perl or PHP.
- Passion - You must have passion for what you do. Involvement in Open
Source projects or a portfolio of your hobby projects is a big plus.
- Understanding of Web Technologies - We assume that you know HTML and
that you can quickly master all the rest.
- Understanding of network protocols such as HTTP, FTP, TCP/IP and DNS
as well as core web technologies such as CSS, Javascript, dHTML, and
others would be a strong advantage.
- Prior knowledge of Python, Linux, Zope/Plone, Scrum, eXtreme
Programming is a big plus.

Well then, everyone feeling qualified and tempted: go ahead and send
your resume to dominic at exoweb.net

Looking forward to receiving your resume and, who knows, soon welcoming
you aboard at Exoweb in the Middle of the Middle Kingdom ;)

Dominic