[Python-au] Windows Python different than Linux Python

Mike Dewhirst miked at dewhirst.com.au
Tue Oct 11 07:45:51 CEST 2005

Does import work differently in Linux (python 2.3) than Windows (python
2.4) ???

Under Windows XP running on Tosh I'm importing ...

	os
	os.path
	cgi
	ftplib
	warnings
	fcrypt as crypt (Windows)
or	crypt (posix)

... and all works fine with Apache 2.0.54 on Tosh. Under SuSE 9.1 linux,
it doesn't. Apache 2.0.53 is giving an error (see below) which Mr Google
indicates is a bad path to a file. All the scripts including fcrypt are
in the same /srv/www/cgi-bin/ directory and the above imports must
surely be on the path somewhere.

Apache on SuSE is otherwise running reliably serving ordinary html and
also (probably irrelevant) operating as a subversion server.

I think I've got a blind spot here.

TIA

mike

<below>
Here are the error log entries ...

[Tue Oct 11 14:18:32 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.22] (2)No such file
or directory: exec of '/srv/www/cgi-bin/collect.py' failed, referer:
http://192.168.0.11/collect_pczen.html

[Tue Oct 11 14:18:32 2005] [error] [client 192.168.0.22] Premature end
of script headers: collect.py, referer:
http://192.168.0.11/collect_pczen.html

The scripts all exist in /srv/www/cgi-bin/ and are all set rwxrwxr-x

Apache runs as wwwrun:www and so do all the scripts

Here is the Apache ScriptAlias and modules conf info for both Tosh and
SuSE ...

Here is Tosh's working ScriptAlias conf entry ...

# # # # Tosh Apache # # # #
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "C:/apache/Apache2/cgi-bin">
     AllowOverride None
     Options None
     Order allow,deny
     Allow from all
</Directory>

Here is the non-working SuSE entry which also shows a previous setting
which does not work either ...

# # # # SuSE Apache  # # # # # # # # # # #
ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/ "/srv/www/cgi-bin/"

<Directory "/srv/www/cgi-bin">
	AllowOverride None
         # disable this to match Tosh 'Options None'
	# Options +ExecCGI -Includes
         Options None
	Order allow,deny
	Allow from all
</Directory>

Here are the modules loaded by the non-working-CGI Apache. I have also
shown yesterday's settings to which I added cgi then today's when I
included all the modules which Tosh has loaded in case that was the
cause. I know it isn't because the error log indicates something I have
missed about permissions or directories - anyway ...

# 05a10 try it with "fairly minimal" 05810 plus cgi
# APACHE_MODULES="access alias auth autoindex cgi dav
# dav_svn authz_svn dir log_config mime setenvif"
#
# 05a11 added modules to match Tosh - actions, asis,
# env, imap, include, isapi, negotiation #but not userdir
#
APACHE_MODULES="access actions alias asis auth autoindex cgi dav dav_svn
authz_svn dir env imap include isapi log_config mime negotiation setenvif"

</below>