[Python-au] simple XML->Dict tool

Richard Jones richardjones at optushome.com.au
Thu Sep 15 06:13:16 CEST 2005

On Thu, 15 Sep 2005 01:28 pm, Darryl Ross wrote:
> I'm trying to convert a simple xml document into a python dictionary,
> similar to SimpleXML for PHP and XML::Dumper for Perl.
> Does anyone have any pointers to something that would do what I need, or
> even some decent documentation on how to write a module to do it?

Consider just using ElementTree. It's the simplest (and by far the fastest)
XML library I've seen for both reading and creating XML. It won't create a
dict for you, but doing so from it would be trivial.

Download, reference:
  http://effbot.org/zone/element-index.htm
Intro documentation:
  http://effbot.org/zone/element.htm