[Python-au] python miniconf at linux.conf.au 2006

Alex King alex at king.net.nz
Thu Aug 18 12:50:41 CEST 2005

Hey,

linux.conf.au 2006 will be held in Dunedin, New Zealand from the 23rd -
28th January.  This is the seventh exciting year of linux.conf.au.
Every year the conference gets bigger and more popular, attracting many
high profile speakers and well known Linux and Open Source Developers.
For more information on LCA, see http://lca2006.linux.org.au/

Preceeding the 2004 conference, there was a Python Miniconf.  (see
http://pig.slug.org.au/miniconf/)  The organisers would like to hold a
Python miniconf again, and we're seeking people with an interest in
attending/ speaking at the miniconf.  You don't need to be a linux
person to attend or speak at the miniconf. You do however need to
register at the main conference to attend the miniconf (unless you are a
miniconf speaker,) so it's likely to be of more interest to linux users
or potential linux users.

We've already had some expressions of interest from people wanting to
present at or participate in the minconf, but for it to become a reality
we need your help.

If you are interested in participating in a python miniconf, let me
know.  The miniconf will only go ahead if there is enough interest from
the Python community, and we're deciding that in the next two weeks.

Looking forward to seeing you next year in Dunedin, New Zealand,

Alex King
LCA06 organiser.