[Python-au] Q: win32pipe.SetNamedPipeHandleState() throwsERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER!?!

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri May 13 09:03:21 CEST 2005

> I want to setup a message-mode named pipe between two
> processes. Following
> the examples from the Win32 SDK I use the following code:

I suspect the problem is:

> SetNamedPipeHandleState(PipeHandle, PIPE_READMODE_MESSAGE, 0, 0)

MSDN states that these params must be None in some cases - but None will not
be accepted by the function.  I'll make a fix and send you a new copy - what
Python version are you using?

In future, windows specific questions are probably best sent to
python-win32 at python.org - lots of clever windows people hang out there.

Mark