[Python-au] thoughts on Python as an embedded language?

Roffe pythonz at gmail.com
Wed Sep 29 12:47:33 CEST 2004

Hi John,

On Tue, 28 Sep 2004 21:20:12 +0930, John Steele Scott
<toojays at toojays.net> wrote:

<snip>

> Are there any tricks or pitfalls which are not apparent from the Python docs?
> I have made modules to bridge Python and C++ before, but have not yet
> actually embedded the Python interpreter within a C++ app.

I've been on this list for a month or two and I think this is the
first message I've received from it. I'm new to Python and get most of
my info from the Python general list at
http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/python-list. So if you have no
luck here, check there?

I just did a quick search on it and found the following in response to
a similar question:

"From Rick Ratzel

Have you checked out elmer?

http://elmer.sourceforge.net

It generates the code needed to embed a Python module into a C
application."

Not sure if it's right for you, but perhaps a start.

Cheers,

Will