[Python-au] (no subject)

James Bourke j_bourke at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 17:24:02 CEST 2004

Hi there,

I'm trying to get python 2.4( installed on a HP unix box, and are running
into trouble. The make/install process seems to go ok, but I get the
following error messages when I type 'python' at the command line:

/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: libdb.sl
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or drectory
Abort (core dump)

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what might be causing this ? The
python build is downloaded off the HP website (I actually haven't performed
this or done the install myself)

Thanks
Jim Bourke