[Python-au] Very small Python Interpreter needed

Liam Routt caligari at cs.mu.oz.au
Tue Jul 20 07:03:52 CEST 2004

Mark Hammond wrote:
> > I program in Python and enjoy it. I've been googling for two
> > days to find a
> > version of Python that runs on a Arm922T processor and
> > doesn't take up much
> > memory.
> >
> > Is there anyone that can point me to such a URL?
>
> This isn't the best forum to find it (try comp.lang.python), but I doubt you
> will find exactly what you need.  I know that a Python for Windows CE and
> for the Palm both exist - I think they are the closest you will find, but I
> may very well be wrong.

The Sharp Zaurus uses an ARM processor, and one of the open source
developers of the linux port for the machine maintains an arm-linux
python, which might be what you need:

   http://www.vanille.de/projects/python.spy

Take care,

Liam
--
Liam Routt                                          Ph: (03) 8344-1315
Research Programmer                               caligari at cs.mu.oz.au
Computer Science, Melbourne University              (or liam at routt.net)