[Python-au] pythonwin and reloading modules

Mark Hammond mhammond at skippinet.com.au
Fri Jun 18 00:56:15 CEST 2004

Pythonwin runs all code in the same process - so even when you hit "run"
multiple times, some things only happen once.

You want to see the reload() statement - (And Ctrl+I in Pythonwin) this
re-imports a modified module.  Note however that isclass instances still
exist when you do the reload, those existing instance will *not* see the
changes.  Any new instances created will.

Mark

a/PyCcoder
excuse the bad python and lack of documentation :)

I am unsure as to wether this is a misunderstanding of python or
pythonwin, on my behalf.
As I am constantly modifing picswitch and rebuilding, its very annoying
to have to close pythonwin each time.I use pythonwin mostly because when
Im editing picswitch.py i like the way i can collapse/expand the classes
making it easier to read.
I possibly could have a dos window open in that dir and use pythonwin to
edit but actually run the build from dos. Im just making sure Im not
missing something first.
cheers

python-au maillist  -  python-au at starship.python.net