[Python-au] Is there interest in a Python stream at the upcoming Open Source Developers Conference?

Graeme Cross gcross at alphalink.com.au
Wed May 26 06:16:58 CEST 2004

The first Australian OSDC (Open Source Developers' Conference) will be
held on the 1st, 2nd and 3rd of December 2004 at Monash University in
Melbourne.

The conference is being organised by the Melbourne Perl Mongers and will
be a YAPC-style grass roots conference for developers organised and
presented by developers, aiming to promote open source development in
Australia.

OSDC will be a great opportunity for Open Source devotees to attend an
affordable conference where the main focus is software development.
Companies and other organisations will find the conference an ideal
avenue for providing professional development for staff, identifying
partners and promoting their services.

Planning for the first conference stream: "YAPC - Yet Another Perl
Conference" is well progressed, and other conference streams are in the
pipeline.

I would like to gauge the level of interest in a Python conference
stream. Have a read of the call for papers announcement:

	http://www.osdc.com.au/papers/call_for_papers.html

and if you are interested, submit a paper (clearly marked as being
Python-related) or e-mail me at <graeme at osdc.com.au> to register your
interest in a Python stream (as an attendee or helper).

We already have at least two proposals for Python papers, so we are off
to a good start.

Some relevant URLs that might be of interest:

	OSDC: http://www.osdc.com.au/
	The Perl conference web site: http://yapc.dlist.com.au/
	YAPC: http://www.yapc.org/

Regards,