[Python-au] Request for advice

Andy Todd andy47 at halfcooked.com
Sat Nov 29 11:39:09 CET 2003

Jimmy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm currently developing a prototype in Python, that has the potential to
> make the transition to being part of a long term commercial development. The
> prototype basically performs all of the business logic thats required, but
> simply takes interactively typed or text file based input and simply prints
> the required data. What's required is simply to plug the input and output
> information into some sort of form, preferably browser based. Can anyone
> point me to any documentation that outlines the techniques for connecting
> python classes and routines to web-based forms. This software will initially
> run standalone, so embedding this code in a Zope style framework is probably
> going to be an overkill. This is a pretty time critical development, so I'd
> prefer an approach that's as simple and easy as possible.
>
> Any advice on this, or knowledge of suitable products that make this process
> easy would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to introduce python as an
> integral part of the development process for this concern, rather than them
> surrendering all to Microsoft.
>
> Thanks
> James Bourke

James,

If your requirement is for all of the interface work to be done by
people who understand Python and HTML, not just HTML then I'd suggest
you take a look at Quixote - http://www.mems-exchange.org/software/quixote/

Its got a very useful Forms framework which is explained in a tutorial
here - http://www.quixote.ca/learn/2.html

Regards,
Andy