[Python-au] Request for advice

Jimmy jbou5922 at bigpond.net.au
Fri Nov 21 05:37:58 CET 2003

Hi,

I'm currently developing a prototype in Python, that has the potential to
make the transition to being part of a long term commercial development. The
prototype basically performs all of the business logic thats required, but
simply takes interactively typed or text file based input and simply prints
the required data. What's required is simply to plug the input and output
information into some sort of form, preferably browser based. Can anyone
point me to any documentation that outlines the techniques for connecting
python classes and routines to web-based forms. This software will initially
run standalone, so embedding this code in a Zope style framework is probably
going to be an overkill. This is a pretty time critical development, so I'd
prefer an approach that's as simple and easy as possible.

Any advice on this, or knowledge of suitable products that make this process
easy would be greatly appreciated. I'd like to introduce python as an
integral part of the development process for this concern, rather than them
surrendering all to Microsoft.

Thanks
James Bourke