[Python-au] Next OzZope Meeting - Melbourne Wednesday 7.30pm

Jan Smith jan@curpheymedia.com
Tue, 4 Mar 2003 09:46:02 +1100

Hi All

The next Melbourne OzZope meeting is tomorrow night in the Multimedia room
at Trinity College, Melbourne University (full address below).  All
welcome - no membership fees. After the last OzZope meeting we were all
locked into Trinity College's grounds and had to climb our way out.  We now
have a *tested* proximity card so most people should be able to enter and
leave via the pedestrian gate on Royal Parade :) If anyone has an access
problem tomorrow - ring 0412 058172.

Agenda Item:  Update on the Zope/Python Sprint for Melbourne

Agenda Item:  Case Study - David Fregon
A case study of an Australian business who vastly improved security and
profitability when they upgraded with Zope and Linux open source solutions.
(This case study by David Fregon and Jan Smith is to be included in a German
book called "Zope - Content Management Systems and Beyond" edited by Stephan
Richter. Unfortunately due to copyright restrictions the chapter cannot be
published on the OzZope website. If anyone would like a private copy
mailto:webadministrator@ozzope.org)

Agenda Item: OzZope Website

Agenda Item:  VTR User Groups Day - OzZope has a table at VTR Consulting's
3rd Australian IT User Groups Day in South Melbourne. Sat 29th March 10 am -
3pm  http://www.vtr.com.au/openday.html We have three volunteers we need a
couple of python volunteers. Last year was a great success the venue was
absolutely packed with people.

Also there will be general discussion on zopish things.

Meeting address and Map http://www.ozzope.org/OzZope/trinity.htm

The Plone and Silva demonstrations have been held over until the April
meeting. Computerbank's new Plone website and their Silva document intranet
will be online by then so will provide good working examples of both zope
products.

Jan
Web Administrator OzZope