[Python-au] Fwd: Win2k Service Pack Problems

Andrew Fayle ajfayle@hotmail.com
Fri, 14 Feb 2003 09:57:59 +1100

Hello

I am writing test scripts using Python 2.2.2 on Windows 2000
Professional but I have found that one of the scripts I have
developed only works on machines that do not have Sevice pack 2 or 3
install.

The script I am using is simply trying to control a command line
based process through a pipe. It works perfectly well on machines
with no Service pack installed. To determine this I formatted a
machine and tested the script which worked fine and the install
Service pack 3 which stopped the script from working. After removing
the service pack the script again worked fine.

The script is controlling a process that is attempting to listen on
a certain TCP port. When the script fails it doesn't allow the
process to set up a listening port.

It is a very annoying problem, do you know any more specifics about
this problem and whether there is a work around.

thanks Andrew Fayle

Hotmail now available on Australian mobile phones. Go to
http://ninemsn.com.au/mobilecentral/hotmail_mobile.asp