[Python-au] RE: Topics on this list recently...

Mary Gardiner mary@puzzling.org
Thu, 30 Jan 2003 11:45:51 +1100

On Thu, Jan 30, 2003, Liam Routt wrote:
> Its a pity we're not supposed to talk like this. This is the most
> animated I've seen the list since I joinned, and I was starting to get
> a sense of an Australian Python community... Back to silence and
> "we're meeting the week" messages...

On the other hand, when lists become high traffic (or even "double what
they were before"), meeting-of-the-week messages get lost, and people
start unsubscribing, and you end up starting an announce list for the
meeting-of-the-week messages and the other list becomes comp.lang.python
v2.

As it is though, I read the recent warnings as "discussion allowed - as
long as it's Python in an Australian context" - or Australasian if you
go by the subscription page. So if you wanted to discuss the AU Python
job market, or AU Python courses, or the AU Python community, it seems
that would be on-topic.

-Mary