[Python-au] serialwin32 and path problem

Garth Kidd garth@deadlybloodyserious.com
Tue, 28 Jan 2003 11:57:58 +1100

Just ``import serial``; it'll grab serial.serialwin32 for you and use it
transparently. Don't import serialwin32 or its Unix pals directly, or
all of Serial's efforts to give you cross-platform compatibility will
die.

Serial put itself in lib/site-packages just fine on my ActiveState
Python 2.2.2 installation. If you don't have site-packages on your
module path, you have bigger problems than Serial not working. :)

-----Original Message-----
From: python-au-admin@python.net [mailto:python-au-admin@python.net] On
Behalf Of vector180
Sent: Tuesday, 28 January 2003 9:07 AM
To: python-au
Subject: [Python-au] serialwin32 and path problem

I intalled pyserial last week and it works but only if I run serialwin32
from the site_packages\serial folder.
it seems the serial folder has not been added to the pythons module
path?
the usual import serialwin32
gives me this error;
No module named serialwin32

did pyserial not install itself properly?
how do i add the modules in the serial folder to the pathing
environment?