[Python-au] Hello, and non-blocking popen2 on Win32

Rasjid Wilcox rasjidw@openminddev.net
Thu, 1 Aug 2002 23:37:31 +1000

On Thu, 1 Aug 2002 11:12 pm, Mark Hammond wrote:
> > Before I go and re-invent the wheel, does anyone know of a non-blocking
> > version of popen2 on Win32?
>
> Unfortunately no :(

Found this post, which gives some direction.
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/python-list/2001-February/030602.html

> But I am quite confident the existing popen code can
> be implemented in Python with win32all.

Not sure what you mean by this...

<snip>

> In general, it is probably best if these questions go to a different list -
> either comp.lang.python or python-win32@python.org - not very Aussie
> specific ;)

Well, no, I guess not.  However, I am quite Aussie specific - I live and work
in Canberra.  I made the assumption that, like most Linux User Groups, you
can post to your local group rather than a global list with very high
traffic.  Actually, I have not used newsgroups much, and I forgot that I can
post a message there and really only watch my thread.

Cheers,

Rasjid.