[Python-au] FW: "Whiting, Jenny (INDEX)": Seeking your help

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:43:21 +1100

Anyone in Melbourne interested?

Mark.
------- Forwarded Message

Date:    Wed, 23 Jan 2002 10:22:32 +1100
From:    "Whiting, Jenny (INDEX)" <jennyw@index.com.au>
To:      "'webmaster@python.org'" <webmaster@python.org>
Subject: Seeking your help

Good morning,

I am seeking your help.  I have a client who is in desperate need of a
Python  Expert ASAP to assist him with his scientific  research.  Below is
the Position Description.  It would be desirable for the person to come from
a scientific background and already be located in Melbourne Australia.

I  would be grateful  if you new of anyone who is currently looking for work

POSITION:
 - senior analyst/programmer
PROJECT TASK:
 - to translate the core component of a large application for data
processing and statistical analysis of a clinical, distributed
data-warehouse; from a SAS package to a cross-platform open source
PYTHON/MySQL software under the GPL
 - to assist the team in finalizing the functional specifications for
the new software
 - to provide the team with fully documented technical specifications
TIMEFRAME:
 3 months full time (start to be discussed - probably next couple of
weeks)
SKILLS REQUIRED:
 - senior Unix/NT professional
 - very experienced in Python and scripting languages
 - able to interact with MySQL/HTML/XML/Javascript
 - able to read and interpret SAS/BASE source code
SALARY: ????

I  do  look  forward to hearing from you  soon

Kind Regards

Jenny

	Jenny Whiting

------- End of Forwarded Message