[Python-au] Re: General question about Python use

Reinhold Quillen rquillen@ozemail.com.au
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 12:09:21 +1000

On 14th Dec., Jack wrote:

 > Then COM will be the next thing I look at. I'm starting to get
 > a sense that there's some money to be made in putting together
 > GUIs for lazy people with lots of money. Having seen how easy
 > it is in wxPython, and your comments on COM -- I'll have to
 > get in touch with some lazy people and show them what can be
 > done :)

My sentiments exactly. Well, people write COM/DCOM servers in
Visual Basic, so why not in Python.

I have yet to test how good COM/DCOM servers written in Python
stand up to heavy traffic. In think that a little experimenting over
the Xmas break is in order here. I think that Mark's book would need
to be a necessity if you wish to get into this in a big way.

Reinhold.